Rozo a la Mexicana
- 1 cup of Kohinoor Basmati Rice, soaked in water for 10 minutes
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno chilli
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced (or as a paste)
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups vegetable stock (or water)
- salt to taste
- few springs of cilantro to serve
- Juice of 1 small lime (optional)
- preparation and Cooking time: 30 min
- Process the tomatoes and onion in a processor until pureed.
- it should give you about 1 cup worth of puree. set aside.
- Meanwhile in a skillet, heat 1 tsp of oil. Add the drained rice to the oil and saute until the rice is golden and translucent.
- Add garlic and jalapeno and cook for another 1 minute.
- Add the pureed tomatoes, 1 cup of vegetable stock along with tomato paste and salt. use 1/2 or 1 cup more of water to cook the rice.
- close with a tight fitting lid and cook for 10-15 minutes (stirring halfway), or until the rice is tender and cooked completely.
- Garnish with cilantro and squeeze lime juice. you can also serve lime wedges to be squeezed on individual plates as per taste.