Kerala Thengai Saadham
serves : 2-3
- 2 cups of Kohinoor Basmati Rice
- 1 cup grated coconut.
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp split urad dal
- 2 pcs. dry red chillies
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- 1 stalk curry leaves
- 1 tsp oil
- Cooking time: 20 min
- Cook the rice in 5 cups of water until each grain of the rice is separate.
- Cut the cashew nuts into half pieces and fry it in ghee until its golden in colour, keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter the mustard seeds.
- Now add the curry leaves and asafoetida powder.
- Add the black gram and dry red chillies (halved) and fry until its golden in colour.
- Now add the grated coconut and the ginger paste into the above mixture and stir until the coconut becomes slightly brown.
- Add the salt and remove from the heat.
- Mix the above mixture with the cooked rice and add fried cashew nuts into it.
'Thengai Saadham' is ready to serve.